Whether it’s a personal passion or a company venture, blogging is a great way to get out there and get noticed online. Always a journey, it takes time and effort to figure out what really works to generate the traffic, readers, shares and more that you desire. If you’re looking to learn more about how to blog successfully, read on for 10 great tips.
1. Keep creating content! Producing regular content is key to blogging success. Fresh, interesting posts are a big reason why readers choose to check back regularly or subscribe.
2. Subscribe to, and read, top industry blogs. This is a great way to generate ideas and boost your inspiration.
3. Set a schedule. If you find that you’re falling behind, this might be just what you need. Decide to post daily or biweekly, for example. Stick to it and hold yourself accountable.
4. Increase your scope. Especially important for business blogs, it is necessary that the content reflects more than your products and services. For example, if your company offers social media management, include posts on the latest networks and how to use them.
5. Market it. Increase reach and readership by promoting your blog posts via avenues like social media. Just finished a new article? Post a link to it on your Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter accounts.
6. Think outside the box. Why not turn that series you just finished into something new and exciting with video?
7. Utilize buttons. Prompt readers to subscribe via RSS or email or share posts they enjoy on Facebook and Twitter.
8. Get visual! Great images are eye catching, provide much-needed visual stimulation and also break up the text, making it simpler for readers to consume.
9. Keep a list of topics handy. Excellent for preventing burn-out, brainstorm ideas with your coworkers or friends and record them by hand or in a Word document. When the time comes to write, pull it out and pick one.
10. Write in short paragraphs and use bullet points. This is much easier to read, and less intimidating, than a page full of long paragraphs of text.
Do you have any tried-and-true blogging tips? Share them in the comments below!
Image Credit: Blogging Research Wordle by Kristina B, via Flickr, CC License, no changes made
Launching a small business? You need a name! One of the most important career decisions you’ll make, the name of…Read More
Phone: 1 (441) 278-1000
Swan Building, 26 Victoria Street,
Hamilton, Bermuda HM 12
23 Lime Tree Bay, 2nd Floor, Governors Square, West Bay Road, Grand Cayman
Mail: P.O. Box 31112, Grand Cayman KY1-1205
Phone: +1 (345) 743-0035