When it Comes to Social Media, Don’t Do This: Part 1

Chelsea Oliver | July 17, 2015

social media donts

In 2015, it’s more important than ever for businesses to be active on social media. A critical method of communication for brands, more and more consumers are turning to networks like Facebook and Twitter to post reviews, complaints and questions, and more. If you’re looking to freshen up your skills, read on for 5 tips that will help you get better results.

Have no strategy.

A strategy is key to executing a successful social media campaign and effectively communicating your company’s message.

Do too much, too soon.

When you first start out – start slow. Learn the ins and outs of the most basic, popular platforms, like Facebook and Twitter, before diving into networks like LinkedIn, SnapChat and Instagram.

Self-promote…too much.

As a general rule, many brands follow the 80/20 principle on social media. Ensure that 80% of your posts offer useful, engaging, relevant content for users while the other 20% directly promote your business’s services, products and more.

Forget to read it over.

While social media can indeed be casual, it is important to proofread your posts for spelling and grammar. Errors, missed punctuation, unnecessary spaces and the like appear sloppy and reflect badly on your brand.

Ignore your community.

Your community of followers is key to social media! It’s important to listen to, engage with and nurture users. Respond to all feedback, questions and complaints in a timely manner and reach out whenever possible. It’s a great way to communicate.

Have you ever made a mistake on social media? Tell us all about it in the comments, on Facebook or on Twitter!

Category: , , ,

Tags:Tags: , , , , , , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Read more YaBlogs...


Finding Your Social Media Voice

Chelsea Oliver | June 22, 2016

Category: , , , ,

Is your business active on social media networks like Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest? If so, do your profiles use…

Read More
social media header

The Benefits of Social Media in 2016

Chelsea Oliver | May 24, 2016

Category: , , ,

It’s 2016 and social media is as popular as ever. With new networks like Instagram and SnapChat taking centre stage,…

Read More

It’s 2016… Stop Doing This on LinkedIn

Chelsea Oliver | May 12, 2016

Category: , ,

As of April this year, LinkedIn had a staggering 433 million users – that’s 2 new users per second! A…

Read More

4 Golden Rules for Choosing the Right Business Name

Chelsea Oliver | March 15, 2016

Category: , ,

Launching a small business? You need a name! One of the most important career decisions you’ll make, the name of…

Read More

Google-Optimizing Your Website for 2016

Chelsea Oliver | February 2, 2016

Category: , ,

It’s 2016 and a new year is a great time for a search engine optimization tune-up. The better your SEO,…

Read More

Where We Think Content Marketing is Heading in 2016

Chelsea Oliver | January 25, 2016

Category: , , ,

If you’re anything like the team here at Yabsta, you’re probably wondering exactly where the time went – how is…

Read More

Contact Us

General Inquiries

Gary Taylor

Email: grt@yabsta.com

Phone: 1 (441) 278-1000

Sales Team


Antoinette Richardson

Email: aharris@bermudayp.com

Swan Building, 26 Victoria Street,
Hamilton, Bermuda HM 12


Delisia Ebanks

Email: delisia@yabstadigital.com

Yabsta Digital

23 Lime Tree Bay, 2nd Floor, Governors Square, West Bay Road, Grand Cayman
Mail: P.O. Box 31112, Grand Cayman KY1-1205

Phone: +1 (345) 743-0035


Joanne Weeks

Email: weeks@yabsta.com

Phone: 360-678-7119

Jersey CI & Guernsey CI

Katy Wright

Email: kwright@yabsta.com


Tony Danisz

Phone: 1903820737