Search Engine Optimization is frequently misunderstood in the digital marketing world. A necessity for standing out in today’s search engine results pages, SEO best practices are a great way to boost the credibility and visibility of your business online. If you’re new to the concept, get started with these need-to-know facts and concepts.
1. SEO, or Search Engine Optimization, is defined as the process of editing a website or web page to affect its visibility in the search results pages (SERPs) of a search engine like Google or Bing. The higher, or earlier, it appears the better!
2. “White Hat” SEO tactics include producing fresh, engaging and relevant content, well-designed websites and solid strategies.
3. “Black Hat” SEO tactics, which are generally frowned upon, include adding extra keywords to web pages and creating content aimed at search engines instead of potential customers.
4. “On-Page SEO” refers to optimizing the content of a website, including text, images, tags, internal links, headers and more.
5. “Off-Page SEO” refers to offline strategies for achieving a higher search engine ranking, including high quality link building, a social media presence, blogging and video.
6. A great SEO strategy pays attention to Google: past search algorithm updates have included Panda, Penguin, Hummingbird, Pigeon and, most recently, a mobile-friendly update.
7. In 2015, a mobile-friendly site is key to a better ranking in the search results – learn more here.
8. Sites that load at a slower rate rank lower – to avoid this, opt for clean, minimalist web design, reasonably sized images and few plug-ins.
9. Adding keywords to your URL, page titles and heading tags boosts your site’s likelihood of being found.
10. Next to page content, page titles are the most important element of on-page SEO.
Looking for SEO help for your company? Contact Yabsta’s talented team of innovative, in-the-know digital marketers today!
Category: Digital Culture, Marketing, SEO, SEO Content Strategy
Tags:Tags: about SEO, black hat SEO, digital marketing, marketing, search, search engine optimization, seo, SEO facts, SEO strategy, what is SEO, white hat SEO
Category: Branding, Development, Marketing, Social, Uncategorised
Is your business active on social media networks like Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest? If so, do your profiles use…Read More
Category: Branding, Digital Culture, Marketing, Social Management
It’s 2016 and social media is as popular as ever. With new networks like Instagram and SnapChat taking centre stage,…Read More
Category: Digital Culture, Networking, Social
As of April this year, LinkedIn had a staggering 433 million users – that’s 2 new users per second! A…Read More
Category: Branding, Creative & Design, Digital Culture
Launching a small business? You need a name! One of the most important career decisions you’ll make, the name of…Read More
Category: Development, Digital Culture, Marketing
It’s 2016 and a new year is a great time for a search engine optimization tune-up. The better your SEO,…Read More
Category: Branding, Copywriting, Digital Culture, Uncategorised
If you’re anything like the team here at Yabsta, you’re probably wondering exactly where the time went – how is…Read More
Phone: 1 (441) 278-1000
Swan Building, 26 Victoria Street,
Hamilton, Bermuda HM 12
23 Lime Tree Bay, 2nd Floor, Governors Square, West Bay Road, Grand Cayman
Mail: P.O. Box 31112, Grand Cayman KY1-1205
Phone: +1 (345) 743-0035
Jersey CI & Guernsey CI